WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
In these terms and conditions, "we" "us" and "our" refers to ZILOE PTY LTD. Your access to and use of all information on this website including purchase of our product/s is provided subject to the following terms and conditions.
We reserve the right to amend this Notice at any time and your use of the website following any amendments will represent your agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions as amended. We therefore recommend that each time you access our website you read these terms and conditions.
VALID PRESCRIPTION REQUIRED
You hereby certify that you have a valid prescription for the lenses that you are ordering. You represent and warrant to ZILOE by placing an order that your information you enter into the website is valid and true and matches exactly your prescription as provided by your optometrist. You further certify that you will renew your prescription in strict accordance with your optometrist's suggested regime. You understand that ZILOE will not fulfil your order unless you have a valid prescription. You hereby consent to our contacting your eyecare provider, if necessary, to verify your prescription information and any other necessary information. An AUD $35.00 fee will be applied to replace a pair of lenses with wrong prescriptions provided by you.
- We strive to ensure that our products are described as accurately as possible on our website, however we do not warrant that the description is accurate. Where we become aware of any misdescription, we reserve the right to correct any error or omission.
2. Images have been provided for illustrative purposes only and we do not guarantee that any image will reproduce in true colour nor that any given image will reflect or portray the full design or options relating to that product, many of our lenses are mirror and/or special coating which cannot be replicated 100% on a website.
- We endeavour to ensure that our product list is current however we give no undertaking as to the availability of any product advertised on our website.
4. Our price list can be accessed from our home page and we reserve the right to amend our prices at any time.
5. Packaging and postage is an additional charge, calculated at time of purchase.
6. We do not offer a refund if you simply change your mind or make a mistake in prescription, but will be happy to exchange for non prescription glasses. We will require you to pay the postage back and the return postage fee. Product needs to be unworn, and sent back with all original packaging, within 30 days of receiving the goods.
7. When you order from us, we require you to provide your name, address for delivery, your prescription details if applicable, your email address, telephone contact and credit card details. We undertake to take due care with this information; however in providing us with such information you accept that we are not liable for its misuse due to error in transmission or virus or malware.
8. Delivery of your ordered product/s will be as set out on our website. Title in the goods passes to you when we have received payment. Our terms of payment are set out on the order page.
9. All risk of loss or damage to the goods passes to you when we dispatch the goods.
ORDER CANCELLATION DUE TO ERROR
- Where a product has been listed at the incorrect price or with incorrect descriptive information or image due to typographical error or similar oversight, we reserve the right to cancel a transaction. Where your credit card has been charged, we will immediately refund your credit card for the total amount debited.
- We undertake to replace you for any product delivered to you that is faulty or is in a damaged condition. If you wish to return a faulty or damaged product, you must notify us through our designated "contact us" webpage where we set out our requirements relating to return of such goods.
12. If we are unable at the time of return to replace or exchange returned goods, we undertake to reimburse your credit card for the amount initially debited for the purchase including packaging and postage charges.
- When you visit our website, we give you a limited licence to access and use our information for personal use.
14. You are permitted to download a copy of the information on this website to your computer for your personal use only provided that you do not delete or change any copyright symbol, trade mark or other proprietary notice. Your use of our content in any other way infringes our intellectual property rights.
15. Except as permitted under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth), you are not permitted to copy, reproduce, republish, distribute or display any of the information on this website without our prior written permission.
16. The licence to access and use the information on our website does not include the right to use any data mining robots or other extraction tools. The licence also does not permit you to metatag or mirror our website without our prior written permission. We reserve the right to serve you with notice if we become aware of your metatag or mirroring of our website.
- This website may from time to time contain hyperlinks to other websites. Such links are provided for convenience only and we take no responsibility for the content and maintenance of or privacy compliance by any linked website. Any hyperlink on our website to another website does not imply our endorsement, support, or sponsorship of the operator of that website nor of the information and/or products which they provide.
18. Linking our website is not permitted. We reserve the right to serve you with notice if we become aware of such linking.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- The copyright to all content on this website including applets, graphics, images, layouts and text belongs to us or we have a licence to use those materials.
20. All trade marks, brands and logos generally identified either with the symbols TM or ® which are used on this website are either owned by us or we have a licence to use them. Your access to our website does not license you to use those marks in any commercial way without our prior written permission.
- Whilst we have taken all due care in providing the information on our website, we do not provide any warranty either express or implied including without limitation warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
22. To the extent permitted by law, any condition or warranty which would otherwise be implied into these terms and conditions is excluded.
23. We also take all due care in ensuring that our website is free of any virus, worm, Trojan horse and/or malware, however we are not responsible for any damage to your computer system which arises in connection with your use of our website or any linked website.
STATUTORY GUARANTEES AND WARRANTIES TO CONSUMERS
- Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 ("C&C Act") defines a consumer. Under the C&C Act we are a supplier of either goods or services or both to you, and as a consumer the C&C Act gives you statutory guarantees. Attached to the Standard Terms and Conditions are:-
a. Schedule 2 of the C&C Act; and
b. those statutory guarantees, all of which are given by us to you if you are a consumer.
25. If you are a consumer within the meaning of Schedule 2 of the C&C Act of our goods or services then we give you a warranty that at the time of supply of those goods or services to you, if they are defective then:-
a. We will repair or replace the goods or any part of them that is defective; or
b. Provide again or rectify any services or part of them that are defective; or
c. Wholly or partly recompense you if they are defective.
26. As a consumer under the C&C Act you may be entitled to receive from us notices under Schedule 2 section 103 of the C&C Act. In that regard:-
a. If you are a consumer within the meaning of Schedule 2 of the C&C Act and the goods or services we are providing relate to the repair of consumer goods then we will give you any notice which we are obliged to give you under Schedule 2 section 103 of the C&C Act.
b. If we are a repairer of goods capable of retaining user-generated data then we hereby give you notice that the repair of those goods may result in the loss of the data.
c. If we are a repairer and our practice is to supply refurbished goods as an alternative to repairing your defective goods or to use refurbished parts in the repair, then we give you notice that the goods presented by you to us for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. We also give you notice that we may use in the repair of your goods, refurbished parts.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- If you are not a consumer within the meaning of Schedule 2 of the C&C Act then this clause applies to you. If you are a consumer within the meaning of the C&C Act then this clause has no effect whatsoever to in any way limit our liability or your rights. If you are not a consumer:-
a. To the full extent permitted by law, our liability for breach of an implied warranty or condition is limited to the supply of the services again or payment of the costs of having those services supplied again.
b. We accept no liability for any loss whatsoever including consequential loss suffered by you arising from services we have supplied.
c. We do not accept liability for anything contained in the post of a user or in any form of communication which originates with a user and not with Us.
d. We do not participate in any way in the transactions between our users.
- By accessing our website, you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from all claims, actions, damages, costs and expenses including legal fees arising from or in connection with your use of our website.
- If a Force Majeure event causing delay continues for more than 45, we may terminate this Agreement by giving at least 7 Notice to you. "Force Majeure" means any act, circumstance or omission over which we could not reasonably have exercised control.
- These terms and conditions are to be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Victoria, Australia and any claim made by either party against the other which in any way arises out of these terms and conditions will be heard in Victoria, Australia and you agree to submit to the jurisdiction of those Courts.
31. If any provision in these terms and conditions is invalid under any law the provision will be limited, narrowed, construed or altered as necessary to render it valid but only to the extent necessary to achieve such validity. If necessary the invalid provision will be deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect.
- WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address.
When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
Email marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates.
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at email@example.com
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service (https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms) or Privacy Statement (https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy).
- THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so you that you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not.
_session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
_shopify_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
_shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
_secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
- AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
More information about the Privacy Act 1988 and the National Privacy Principles is available on federal privacy commissioner's website at: www.privacy.gov.au.